Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Charcoal

I actually took this picture about 3 and a half years ago, but I haven't grown tired of seeing it yet. I don't remember what that assignment was that caused me to initially take this photograph, but I always thought it was neat that I was able to combine two projects by taking a photograph of a charcoal drawing I was also working on at the time. I had completely forgotten about this picture for about a year until I was looking for a photograph to submit to Wassenburg Art Gallery for a contest they were hosting. I stumbled across this and was caught by its simplicity mixed with rich textures. I submitted it in the Still Life category and this won first place! This was the first time I had entered anything into a contest so it was very exciting to win. And now I have this beautiful photograph hanging on my wall. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment