Saturday, March 3, 2018

afO's David

I had the privilege of seeing this awesome production by afO of David.  The entire show was written by Sam Ward, who starred in it as David along side a band of mighty men.  The story is taken from the Biblical account of David, a shepherd boy who became the King of Israel.  

I admit I wasn't sure what to expect when I first heard about this.  I have seen shows done by one man that have been really well done, but I knew this was being called a musical not a play, and I didn't understand how a one man musical would work.  Of course that's because I never realized that this show had a live band of 5 crazy talented guys.  Leaving the theater, I was blown away by the talent of all 6 of these men.  They were incredible, and I felt like I was leaving a concert with a dramatized story running throughout the show.  It was amazing!  Each song was a different style, but they were all equally well done.  I think I was able to witness the first of what will become a new type of theater production.  I don't think we will continue to only have two categories of either a play or a musical.  I have no idea what they will call a show like this, but I truly think that this show should be seen across the country and could start a movement.















No comments:

Post a Comment