Friday, October 11, 2024

Auroras

 I wasn't sure if Joe was up for a late night trip with hopes to see the Auroras, but thankfully he was. Our plan was to drive to my sister's house in Auburn. But on the way, Joe looked at a light pollution map, and we ended up going to a random cemetery somewhere in Ohio.  For a while we couldn't really see much, but we were getting some okay pictures by using long exposures.  We started getting cold and tired and almost decided to pack up and head home, when suddenly we could just see the colors dancing in the sky.  I'm SO glad we stayed!  It was stunning!!  I enjoyed having the time to play around with my camera settings to really capture the movement.  My pictures started at 10-13 second exposures but as the lights grew bright, I dropped down to 2 second exposures. It was a late night, but so worth it!










No comments:

Post a Comment