Friday, May 16, 2014

Chick-fil-A Craft Fair

I was so excited to be a part of the 2nd Chick-fil-A Craft Fair this past Saturday! This was my first time being in a craft fair! I had so much fun and I am looking forward to doing many more! Since my knowledge of such an event was non-existent, I spend many, many hours researching the necessities and how other photographers display their work. I personally thought it was all very interesting and it really got my creative juices flowing. I had a vision of what I wanted to accomplish and started working toward that. Unfortunately, I realized that what I wanted would cost more than I had, so I knew I had to make changes. I went back to sketching my ideas and researching other options. And then, just when I thought I was doomed, my husband swept in to save me and my day! He looked over my ideas that had been trashed and my new ones. He quickly determined that I did not need to throw out my original designs, I merely had to tweak them. I still didn't see how this was possible, but he told me that I didn't need to worry because he would simply make those crazy expensive items himself for a fourth of the cost. I was shocked and delighted!! He proceeded to take three days off work so that he could help me pick out the supplies, work out the designs, and build the missing display pieces. We had lots of fun working on everything together those three days and late into each night/early morning. :)

On Saturday, I was fairly nervous because I had yet to see how everything would come together. Thankfully, set up went well and my display looked the way I had envisioned it. Needless to say, I was pretty proud of myself. :) The weather was perfect all day, and I was so excited to sell my prints for the first time!! I had postcards, two different sizes of matted pictures with backing, two different sizes of wood prints, and two different sizes of framed prints. I also provided two sample portfolios of portraits and weddings that I have done. It was really neat getting to meet new people and talk with them about what I love doing!! So, without further delay, here are pictures of my booth!! :)


Here are some close-ups on some of the wood prints and the smaller framed prints.



This is only about 1/3 of the postcards I have!


Thank you so much to Chick-fil-A Jefferson Pointe for this wonderful opportunity!! I hope that they will continue to provide this awesome opportunity for local artists, and I hope that I am always available to participate in it!! I plan on finding more and more opportunities such as this one because it was so much fun! I will make sure to post where I will be and when I will be there so that any of you who are interested can come out and see what I have to offer!

And for those of you who like to avoid crowds of people at all cost, I can take print orders through my website of any of my photographs. Simply message me with the photo you like, the size you want, and how you would like to receive it. :)

www.rachelwilhelmphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment