Monday, March 27, 2017

Meet the Maker

I thought it would be fun to spend a few weeks showing you all some "behind the scenes" of me and my work.  There are a variety of ways that you could have landed here, at this blog, reading this.  Maybe you know me or my family personally from school or church over the years, maybe you found another blog of mine (probably Tarcil's) and followed the rabbit hole here, maybe you are a former client of my photography business, maybe you are looking for a photographer, or maybe you seriously can't even remember because it's 3 am and your eyes are bloodshot from surfing the web instead of sleeping.  It doesn't matter what brought you here, but if you are interested in knowing more about me, then I encourage you to stay a little longer and keep reading.  :)

My name is Rachel Wilhelm, and I am an animal lover, Jesus follower, and artist that focuses on photography.  My family consists of a pretty kitty named Penny who is about 9 years old, a famous hamster named Tarcil who is almost 3 years old, a crazy pup named Beren who is almost 1 year old, and my loving husband named Joe.  I generally try to avoid being too sappy in my blog posts, but I can't hide how much I love and adore Joseph, and how blessed I am to be able to live life alongside him!  Being friends since we were 11 has been awesome!  He really is pretty amazing and incredible!  I am not a very ambitious person, so I don't think I would have my own photography business if it wasn't for him pushing me and supporting me so much!

Here is probably my favorite picture of us from our wedding day.  :)


This is the most recent picture I have of us together.



Here are my favorite pictures of each of our pets: Tarcil, Penny, and Beren!




My business has evolved a lot since I first officially started it in 2013.  I now focus exclusively on photographing newborns.  I do plenty of other work too in order to indulge my other passions, hobbies, and desires to create beautiful work.  This work includes photographing animals such as my pets, zoo animals, and wildlife, and then blogging my favorites of these.  I love knitting and crocheting so I generally make lots of my own props to be used with newborns.  In general, I love working with my hands to make things so I do as many DIY projects as I can!

This is a selfie from a craft fair I was in a couple years ago, right after I chopped off my hair for the first time.  I always wanted to donate it, but was too scared for many years.  So glad I did it!  I have donated twice now!


I have written 3 eBooks about Tarcil that are available on Amazon for about $3 each.  You should be on the lookout for another soon!  :)


In the following weeks, I will show you a lot of random stuff with a focus on the variety of the props I have for my newborn photography (which includes a lot of DIY stuff I made) as well as my in-home studio space.  I hope you come back here for more of my meet the maker series!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment