Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Glimpse into my Weekend

I wanted to take some time to write about the Three Rivers Festival Crafters Market that I participated in this past weekend. I have to say, overall, it was a mix of emotions. There were times when I got frustrated with the heat, the sun, the rain, the wind, and more. But there were more times when I was encouraged, proud, humbled, excited, nervous, and immensely blessed. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to talk to each and every person that stopped and took a look around at the work in my tent. I was encouraged whenever someone would complement my work. As an introvert who finds her worth and value in pleasing other people and who views her art as a part of her, I was extremely nervous at times. I felt somewhat vulnerable because I felt like it really was me that was on display, and I do not like being the center of attention. But when people told me that they like my photography, I felt like I must have done something right, and I am pretty proud of myself for that! After talking with various people about the different types of ideas they had for photo shoots, I am incredibly excited! And to be completely honest, I am hoping and praying that those people will call me back to book their photo shoot with me because I loved their ideas and would love to work with them to make it happen! And then when I take the time to look back at how this all happened, I am so humbled.

To give a little background, it was when I did my first ever craft fair at Chick-fil-A that I met Renee. She is the one who completely runs the annual Three Rivers Festival Crafters Market. She doesn’t work alone, her staff is made up of a wonderful group of volunteers. Renee saw my booth back in May and personally took the time to talk with me and invite me to be a part of her craft fair. It was then when I first realized that she believes in me. Within a week, I called her and registered for this craft fair. Throughout the whole process of preparing and then actually being at this craft fair, Renee continued to talk with me and encourage me. I am utterly humbled by this amazing woman who just sort of took me under her wing. She told me that she remembers what it was like for her when she was in my shoes at my age. She said that someone took it upon themselves to believe in her and give her a chance. And then she vowed to pay it forward not just once, but whenever she can. And through nothing that I did or could have done, she decided to pick me. Renee believes in helping and empowering others through encouragement and opportunities. She has a heart for young women who are trying to make it in this big world. She is a wonderful and amazing person who I can’t even begin to express how much I love and appreciate her and everything she has done for me!! So Renee, if you see this, THANK YOU!!! :)

If I had to summarize this experience, I would say that I am feeling immensely blessed! I have this awesome opportunity to be doing a job that I love and am so passionate about! And let me tell you, that actually puts the pressure on me to try my hardest and do my best! I keep trying to figure out what I did to deserve this, but one thing that I am slowly learning is that this isn’t about me. I can never be good enough or do enough good things to earn the love of anyone. Authentic love isn’t bought with anything. It is just given unconditionally. This is the love that I experience from God, my husband, my family, my closest friends, and even “strangers” like Renee.

So again, I want to thank everyone that I talked to about my photographs as well as those that showed interest in senior portraits, family portraits, portraits with pets, baby portraits, weddings, and more. I have lots of available times if anyone wants to book a session with me. If anyone has any questions, please email me and I will send you my information about pricing, printing, packages and more. If you are wondering why I don’t have my prices posted, it is because I am more concerned with making sure each of you get what you want, then I am with limiting everyone to rigid prices and packages. In other words, I do offer different packages with corresponding prices, but I am always willing to change those if necessary to help you get what you want. All you have to do is talk to me. :) You can contact me through the form on my website. Or you can email me at rachelwilhelmphotography@gmail.com. I am also on Facebook and G+. And you can call or text me at (260) 267-0303. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment