Saturday, July 5, 2014

Curtis Family

Alright, it is now time for the final set of pictures from this photo shoot…. the family pictures!! All in all, I had SO much fun photographing this beautiful family!! And when I say beautiful family, I mean just that – they are a BEAUTIFUL family! I was so appreciative of how they all treated each other the whole time we were taking pictures. Grace and Jacob are so respectful of their parents and of each other, and Nick and Amy didn’t have to yell at the kids to get them to behave. (I have witnessed other families getting photos taken by other photographers and there was so much yelling at the kid so much to sit still and smile that the kid started crying.) As you can see from my photos, I like pictures even when they don’t look perfect (in the sense of everyone looking at the camera and smiling). Some of my favorite pictures happen when kids aren’t looking at the camera because they are so much more genuine. Kids get distracted, they look away while laughing, and they even space out and start staring sometimes. But to me, that is okay, and even good. I enjoy kids being kids (within reason haha). I didn’t mind when Jacob and Grace would start talking to each other because to me, that showed something more significant than the ability to get fake smiles – that showed me their love and care for each other. It also showed that they value each other as brother and sister more than they value me as a complete stranger, which again, is a good thing in my book. So thank you Curtis family for being YOU and being AWESOME!! :)





I also want to quickly say that I was especially thankful for the perfect weather we had! I always get nervous about rain but we didn’t have any. And I was actually concerned that it would be too cold that morning, but it warmed up so quickly without getting too hot. :) It was a great day for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment