Monday, August 18, 2014

Natalie Jo

This precious little girl was born on September 4!! I have known this wonderful family for a couple years now, and I was so excited to be able to take pictures of the newest member of the family!! Brad and Jolene are in a small group with me and my husband, and their oldest daughter, Cora, was a part of the youth group that my husband and I also help out with. (I had the privilege of doing Cora’s Senior Pictures which you can find on here as well.)

I knew before the photo shoot that Natalie doesn't enjoy being naked, but I wanted to try surrounding her with enough soft blankets to see if she would decide that she didn't mind. Thankfully, my plan worked and she fell fast asleep. This adorable hat was made for me by Vicci from Vicci's Little Critters! You can check out the great stuffed animals she makes by going to her website at www.viccislittlecritters.com or her etsy store at https://www.etsy.com/shop/ViccisLittleCritters. :)


I was very pleased and surprised that Natalie managed to stay asleep while I kept moving her around.


She often would let out one loud cry when I would first begin moving her to a new position but then she would instantly go back to sleep.


When I was talking with her parents prior to the photo shoot to make sure I had everything, the topic of bows, flowers, and other frilly things came up. Brad, Natalie’s dad, made it clear that he didn’t want to see her in those types of things. He also told me that he wasn’t planning on being present during the photo shoot. So, Jolene and I had a lot of fun putting Natalie in all kinds of frilly things. :) This one is for you, Brad! :)

Natalie REALLY didn’t like when I put her in this little tutu. She got pretty loud, but surprisingly, she just fell asleep again so I was able to capture how cute she looked in it!!

All in all, I think that Natalie was probably the easiest baby I have ever photographed. She was so laid back. I mean, sure, she let me know every time she didn’t like something, but she always just fell back asleep.

I had a great time taking pictures of this beautiful little girl!! Thank you Brad, Jolene, and Cora for letting me invade your home for a few hours and steal Natalie away from you!! And Congratulations!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment